Sunday, May 18, 2008

All better...

It's been a while. but I think I'm finally well again! My aches and pains have gone away almost completely and I am functioning comfortably again!! YEA for me!

(Uncle) George, on the other hand, was back in the hospital last week because his aches were so debilitating that he couldn't get out of bed. His doctor had him stay in the hospital for about 4 days so they could treat him and run some tests. They found that he has Polymialgia Rheumatica - it's kind of like arthritis, but it can go away. They are treating it with steroids - he's laughing about that! and he seems to be getting around better. Since he lost more weight, his doctor is keeping an eye on him - his sugar, and heart meds.; he's eating, but had very little energy to cook - YIKES! I'm hoping they are able to manage this now that they know what it is! Since I did such a "great" job of explaining it, here is a site that has more specifics, if you're interested.

I'm busy, busy... It's the end of the year and I'm quickly winding down. I swear this time of year is the worst as far as work load for us teachers! Only 19 days to go and I feel like I'm cramming in the last 161 days into this one month. Same stuff different year - you think I'd get used to this. After school is done, I will be teaching summer school for second and third grade English Language Learners with my teaching partner - It'll be fun and since it's at my school site, I will have a lot of my kids! Summer school isn't bad - 4 days a week 8-12 for 5 weeks. Can't beat it. Besides, what else is there to do in the 100º+ weather?

Yes, summer is here - it was 102º yesterday and it's supposed to get to 109º today - we'll see. Gotta stay cool! The pool is heating up and I'm headed out to get some sun!

I'm send you all some of this California sunshine and heat - take it, PLEASE!!!

Go Red Wings! Go Pistons! ~loving this play-off season!!!

3 comments:

Rae Speedie said...

Glad to hear your feeling better.
Good to know that George is also doing better.
How about those Wings! & Pistons.
Did you ever get a wind nut hat?
Love - Aunt Rae

MichLiwacz said...

never got my wing nut hat. I heard they discontinued making them because the Lansing Lug Nuts (minor league baseball) called FOUL!!! Oh well. If you see one, let me know!

Mary said...

very good to hear that you are feeling better. I hope Uncle George can say the same soon. Thats scary. As for the warm weather... We got the 90s for Mon and Tuesday... but now its 60 and raining again. ugh. I am very ready for summer. Hope you get everything with school done!!