This one will be short because it hurts to type and I am doing this in slow motion... Talk about sympathy pains.... As many of you know, my Dad (Uncle George) was really sick at Thanksgiving and Christmas - kidney infection, severe dehydration, literally zero appetite - so bad he was hospitalized. I went out in November after he was out of the hospital and I extended my stay at Christmas to help out. He's been up and down and is still feeling the effects of the damage done to his body (lost 30 lbs., over medicated, etc.).
Well... two weeks ago I was having pains in my chest (not heart, but lower left side). Since I don't have a G.P. (new insurance) I went to Urgent Care and I was diagnosed with Pleurisy which is an infection between my lung and the lining holding my lungs in place (VERY basically). I was given some pretty heavy duty meds and was supposed to check back if I didn't feel better after about 5 days on the meds. After that 5 days, I was okay except for some side effects from the meds - upset stomach and such. I finished my prescription and then all of this began... I have joint aches so bad I can't turn my steering wheel, wash dishes or push myself up from a sitting position and I can't get up on my own. I have something that has settled in my chest and I have major congestion and a tightening there, too. My Dad and I were comparing notes and we have practically the same symptoms so I'm researching.
If you have ANY ideas, PLEASE, let me know. Since I would be a new patient, I couldn't get an appointment with a Dr. until June so I called the Urgent Care and they said to some back - I will be going this weekend after SAT testing.
Enough for now, my hands hurt :( I'll keep you all posted!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had pleurisy as a kid, they wrapped in in a stretchy type banding around my chest. I don't remember having any side effects from the meds, but I was 14 or 15 years old. Ihad it 3 times in 2 years.
It does really hurt. Kind of like the elephant sitting on your chest story!
So you have my sympathy. Feel better soom.
Love you
Aunt Rae
Wow! I've never heard of this. It sounds absolutely miserable. I hope you are able to get better quickly. I wish I could be of some help.
Post a Comment